Thursday, February 8, 2007

Bottles


I've finally put a 'full stop' on my 'Bottles' painting.
What have I changed?
Firstly the circle area, I decided to make it 'neater'. Then I added patches of off-white on the dark, dark blue areas to 'frame it' the whole picture.
Lots of textured paint were added to the dark area - hope it shows up in the picture - and the two light blue areas to give contrast to the different shapes.
I'm rather pleased with it as a first attempt but my next one for my class I'm going to do a bit more preparation over weekend with my sketching and working out my colour concept.
It's going to be a landscape-type abstract.

2 comments:

Diva said...

Love the depth of the colours. It is wonderful to look at.

wendy said...

I'm glad you like the colours. I think some of the textures are lost on the photograph.