Monday, February 12, 2007

New work - Forest


I had a ball last night at my painting class. I think it was a good job having done some sketching beforehand. I needed my tutor's advice on colour placement and by limiting my colour palette it has created a challenge for me.
The work-in-progress (WIP) shown in the photo illustrates the colour palette I'm using. I'm contrasting the warm and cool tones by using browns and grays.
As for the design, I'm so pleased with it because it has spawned a few more ideas in a similar theme. Looks like I've got a series going. In the meantime, I'm going to 'file away' my 'Bouquets' series because I think I'm onto something better.
Guess what I'll be doing for the rest of today?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a very different colour palette from the rest of your work isn't it? I'll be interested to see how it goes. Congratulations.