Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Canterbury Art Exhibition


I received some good news yesterday to inform me that I've been invited to exhibit at the forthcoming Canterbury Art Exhibition from 4 - 6 May, 2007.
At the moment I planned to show a different version of Louise and a larger version of Philomena.
For my class on Monday night, my mini 'Forest' has morphed into 'Rose' - acrylic on canvas, 35.5 x 45cm. I've started working on the design, texture and rose. I'm planning to paint the background in 3 different tones of grey/charcoal but my tutor disagrees. He suggested cream. The reason for my colour choice was I was so inspired by Cate Blanchett's gown at the Oscars. It was charcoal cross platinum with small rich burgundy details at the lower part of her dress. I'm going to stick to my guns for now because I've tested the colour combination on a small watercolour for my market stall this weekend and it looked just fine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cate Blanchett's dress was gorgeous so you do well to stick to your guns!

wendy said...

Thanks Michelle.
We shall see come Monday whether my colour choice works.